The article "Cardiovascular Outcomes of Patients Referred to Home-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation" by S. Hammad Jafri et al.
1was reviewed with great pleasure. This article was enlightening and purposeful; we feel fortunate to have read it. We concede in the critical epilogue that Home-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation (HBCR) is a viable alternative that can improve access to CR for patients who are not candidates for CBCR or are unable to attend. Randomized controlled trials are necessary to verify these results. However, we are aware of the study's limitations and believe that alternative approaches could improve and strengthen the study's findings.
- Jafri S.H.
- Imran T.F.
- Medbury E.
- et al.
Cardiovascular Outcomes of Patients Referred to Home Based Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Heart Lung. 2022; 52 (Mar-AprEpub 2021 Nov 18. PMID: 34801771; PMCID: PMC8600943): 1-7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2021.11.005
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of Patients Referred to Home Based Cardiac Rehabilitation.Heart Lung. 2022; 52 (Mar-AprEpub 2021 Nov 18. PMID: 34801771; PMCID: PMC8600943): 1-7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2021.11.005
- Home-based versus centre-based cardiac rehabilitation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 6 (Jun 30PMID: 28665511; PMCID: PMC6481471)CD007130https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD007130.pub4
- American Heart Association Exercise, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Secondary Prevention Committee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology; Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing; and Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease. Cardio-Oncology Rehabilitation to Manage Cardiovascular Outcomes in Cancer Patients and Survivors: a Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2019; 139 (May 21PMID: 30955352; PMCID: PMC7603804): e997-e1012https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000679
- Effects of Home-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation on Time to Enrollment and Functional Status in Patients With Ischemic Heart Disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9 (Oct 20Epub 2020 Sep 21. PMID: 32954885; PMCID: PMC7792373)e016456https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.016456
- The Design and Implementation of a Home-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.Fed Pract. 2017; 34 (MayPMID: 30766279; PMCID: PMC6370433): 34-39
Published online: March 12, 2023
Accepted: February 17, 2023
Received: February 16, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.