Long-term outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarction and no ischemic changes on electrocardiogram by Karolina et al. was read with great interest.
1.The author of this paper should be commended for their work. Myocardial infarction (MI) patients with no ischemic changes (NIC) have a less favorable prognosis than was previously thought. Their results were comparable to the T-wave inversion (TWI) and STEMI groups. We are aware of the study's caveats, and we acknowledge the possibility that other approaches could strengthen the results.
- Piątek K.
- ŁukaszPiątek Zandecki Ł
- Kurzawski J.
- Skrzypek M.
- Gąsior M.
- Sadowski M
Long-term outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarction and no ischemic changes on electrocardiogram.
Heart Lung. 2022 May-Jun; 53 (Epub 2022 Feb 12. PMID: 35168141): 72-76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2022.02.004
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Long-term outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarction and no ischemic changes on electrocardiogram.Heart Lung. 2022 May-Jun; 53 (Epub 2022 Feb 12. PMID: 35168141): 72-76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2022.02.004
- Echocardiographic substudy of the OASIS-6 trial investigators. Incremental value of left ventricular systolic and diastolic function to determine outcome in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the echocardiographic substudy of the OASIS-6 trial.Echocardiography. 2014; 31 (PMID: 24702629): 569-578https://doi.org/10.1111/echo.12452
- Correction to: new electrocardiographic algorithm for the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in patients with left bundle branch block.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9 (Epub 2020 Nov 6. Erratum for: J Am Heart Assoc. 2020 Jul 21;9(14):e015573. PMID: 33153372; PMCID: PMC7763719)e014618https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.119.014618
- Prognosis of unrecognised myocardial infarction determined by electrocardiography or cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2020; 369 (PMID: 32381490; PMCID: PMC7203874): m1184https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m1184
- The effect of lemon inhalation aromatherapy on blood pressure, electrocardiogram changes, and anxiety in acute myocardial infarction patients: a clinical, multi-centered, assessor-blinded trial design.Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2020; 39 (Epub 2020 Mar 25. PMID: 32379635)101155https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctcp.2020.101155
Published online: March 04, 2023
Accepted: February 13, 2023
Received in revised form: February 13, 2023
Received: February 9, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.