- •The prevalence of frailty among study participants was 61.7%.
- •Age, frailty, sex, muscle strength, circumference, and MMSE–J score were significantly correlated with TUG score.
- •Age, frailty, muscle strength, and MMSE–J score were independent predictors of TUG scores.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Postural orientation and equilibrium: what do we need to know about neural control of balance to prevent falls?.Age Ageing. 2006; 35: ii7-ii11https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afl077
- Sensorimotor function, balance abilities and pain influence Timed Up and Go performance in older community-living people.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2011; 23: 196-201https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03324960
- Effects of grip strength and foot-gripping strength on motor functions in community-dwelling young-old women and old-old women.Jpn J Health Promot Phys Ther. 2016; 6 (in Japanese with English abstract): 53-57https://doi.org/10.9759/hppt.6.53
- Relationship between time to rise from the floor and physical function in elderly females. Comparison of young-old and old-old.J Jpn Acad Home Health Nurs. 2013; 16 (in Japanese with English abstract): 31-36
- Normal values of balance tests in women aged 20-80.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1367-1372https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2004.52370.x
- Quantifying the magnitude of risk for balance impairment on falls in community-dwelling older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 389-406https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2009.06.010
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. Older People in Japan from the Viewpoint of Statistics- “Respect-for-the-Aged Day”. https://www.stat.go.jp/data/topics/pdf/topics126.pdf (in Japanese); vol 20; 2020.
- Annual Report on the Aging Society.2016
- Impending epidemic: future projection of heart failure in Japan to the year 2055.Circ J. 2008; 72: 489-491https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.72.489
- Falls in patients with heart failure: a systematic review.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2016; 31: 555-561https://doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0000000000000292
- Prevention of falls and consequent injuries in elderly people.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1885-1893https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67604-0
- Balance performance in patients with heart failure.Heart Lung. 2020; 49: 458-462https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2020.04.004
- Dynamic balance and mobility explain quality of life in HFpEF, outperforming all the other physical fitness components.Arq Bras Cardiol. 2020; 114: 701-707https://doi.org/10.36660/abc.20190080
- Prevalence of frailty among community-dwellers and outpatients in Japan as defined by the Japanese version of the Cardiovascular Health Study criteria.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2017; 17: 2629-2634https://doi.org/10.1111/ggi.13129
- Frailty and failure to thrive.in: Hazzard WR Blass JP Ettinger Jr, WH Halter JB Ouslander J Principles of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1998: 1387-1402
- Diagnostic test accuracy of simple instruments for identifying frailty in community-dwelling older people: a systematic review.Age Ageing. 2015; 44: 148-152https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afu157
- Research whole concept of public health service for the elderly. Summary. /Shared Research Report.in: 2015: Health and Labor Sciences Research Grant (Health Labour Sciences Special Research) general report. National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, 2016https://www.mhlw.go.jp/file/05-Shingikai-12601000-Seisakutoukatsukan-Sanjikanshitsu_Shakaihoshoutantou/0000125471.pdf(in Japanese)
- Cognitive frailty predicts incident dementia among community-dwelling older people.J Clin Med. 2018; 7: E250https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm7090250
- Frequency of and significance of physical frailty in patients with heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 1243-1249https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2016.12.024
- Standard cardiac rehabilitation program for heart failure.Circ J. 2019; 83: 2394-2398https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-19-0670
- The timed “Up and Go”: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 39: 142-148https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1991.tb01616.x
- Predicting the probability for falls in community-dwelling older adults using the Timed Up and Go Test.Phys Ther. 2000; 80: 896-903https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/80.9.896
- Validity and reliability of mini mental state examination-japanese (MMSE–J): a preliminary report.Jpn. J. Cogn. Neurosci. 2010; 12 (in Japanese): 186-190https://doi.org/10.11253/ninchishinkeikagaku.12.186
- Timed up and go test is a useful assessment tool for community health in elderly people.Jpn Phys Ther Assoc. 2006; 33 (in Japanese): 105-111https://doi.org/10.15063/rigaku.KJ00004335163
- Prevalence and prognostic impact of the coexistence of multiple frailty domains in elderly patients with heart failure: the FRAGILE-HF cohort study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2020; 22: 2112-2119https://doi.org/10.1002/ejhf.1926
- FRAIL-HF, a study to evaluate the clinical complexity of heart failure in nondependent older patients: rationale, methods and baseline characteristics.Clin Cardiol. 2014; 37: 725-732https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.22345
- Acute heart failure admissions in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory: the NSW HF Snapshot Study.Med J Aust. 2016; 204 (113.e1-8)https://doi.org/10.5694/mja15.00801
- Using timed up-and-go to identify frail members of the older population.J Gerontol A. 2013; 68: 441-446https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/gls190
- The influence of isokinetic peak torque and muscular power on the functional performance of active and inactive community-dwelling elderly: a cross-sectional study.Braz J Phys Ther. 2020; 24: 256-263https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjpt.2019.03.003
- Skeletal muscle abnormalities in heart failure.Int Heart J. 2015; 56: 475-484https://doi.org/10.1536/ihj.15-108
- Cognitive function affects trainability for physical performance in exercise intervention among older adults with mild cognitive impairment.Clin Interv Aging. 2013; 8: 97-102https://doi.org/10.2147/CIA.S39434
Japanese Circulation Society. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure (JCS 2017/JHFS 2017). https://www.j-circ.or.jp/cms/wpcontent/uploads/2017/06/JCS2017_tsutsui_h.pdf.
- 2021 ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 3599-3726https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehab368
- AHA/ACC/HFSA guideline for the management of heart failure: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association joint committee on clinical practice guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2022; 79: 1757-1780https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2021.12.011
- Physical rehabilitation for older patients hospitalized for heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 203-216https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2026141
- Using the systems framework for postural control to analyze the components of balance evaluated in standardized balance measures: a scoping review.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96 (122–132.e29)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2014.06.021