- •Patients and caregivers face challenges when relocating to access transplant care.
- •Supports are needed during relocation so the patient can focus on medical needs.
- •Patient and caregiver perspectives are needed to understand the challenges of relocation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
Heart Failure (2020). In heart and stroke foundation. Retrieved from: https://www.heartandstroke.ca/heart-disease/conditions/heart-failure.
- Oxford English dictionary Online.Oxford University Press, 2017
- I'm a foreigner there: landscape, wellbeing and the geographies of home.Health Place. 2019; 62: 1-8
- Patients’ discharge experiences: returning home after open heart surgery.Heart Lung. 2011; 40: 226-235
- The meaning of place in families lived experience of pediatric outpatient care in different settings: a descriptive phenomenological study.Health Place. 2014; 31: 46-53
- What makes a house a home: the role of material resources in recovery from severe mental illness.Am J Psychiatr Rehabil. 2005; 3: 243-256
- The role of home in HIV/AIDS: a visual approach to understanding human- environment interactions in the context of long-term illness.Health Place. 2008; 14: 313-322
- Next of kin caregivers in palliative home care – from control to loss of control.J Adv Nurs. 2008; 64: 578-586
- Negotiating barriers, navigating the maze: first Nation peoples experiences of medical relocation.Can. Public Adm. 2015; 58: 295-314
- The impact of travel on cancer patients experiences of treatment: a literature review.Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2000; 9: 197-203
- Distance as a barrier to cancer diagnosis and treatment: review of the literature.Oncologist. 2015; 20: 1378-1385
- What is phenomenology?.Medsurg Nurs. 2010; 19: 127
- How phenomenology can help us learn from the experiences of others.Perspect Med Educ. 2019; 8: 90-97