- •Individuals with COPD have mechanical and functional changes in respiratory muscles.
- •Kinesio Taping® (KT) acts on skeletal muscles and is used in clinical practice.
- •KT is applied in the thoracic or diaphragmatic region in individuals with COPD.
- •KT does not improve pulmonary function of individuals with COPD.
Abbreviations:COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), MD (mean difference), FEV1 (forced expiratory volume in the first second), FVC (forced vital capacity), GOLD (Global Initiative for Chronic Lung Disease), KT (Kinesio Taping®), PEF (peak expiratory flow)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, 2021 (Report)
- Lung hyperinflation in COPD: applying physiology to clinical practice.COPD Res Pract. 2015; 1: 1-12
- Lung function decline in COPD.Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2012; 7: 95-99https://doi.org/10.2147/COPD.S27480
- An official american thoracic society/european respiratory society statement: key concepts and advances in pulmonary rehabilitation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 188 (Oct): e13-e64https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201309-1634ST
- Elastic bandage associated respiratory therapy in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [article in Portuguese].Rev Inspirar Mov Saúde. 2013; 26: 19-22
- Limited utility of Kinesio Taping(R) in the physiotherapy treatment for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation.Physiother Theory Pract. 2018; 34 (Oct): 741-746https://doi.org/10.1080/09593985.2018.1423658
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372 (03 29): n71https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n71
- Clinimetrics: physiotherapy evidence database (PEDro) Scale.J Physiother. 2020; 66 (01): 59https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphys.2019.08.005
- immediate effects of Kinesio Taping on lung functions, chest expansion and dyspnoea in COPD patients.Indian J Physiother Occup Ther. 2020; 14: 101-105
- Functional elastic bandage application in expiratory muscles of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [article in Portuguese].Cinergis. 2015; 16: 182-187
- Effects of thoracic kinesio taping on pulmonary functions, respiratory muscle strength and functional capacity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial.Explore. 2020; 16 (NY)Sep - Oct 2020: 332-338https://doi.org/10.1016/j.explore.2019.08.018
- Investigation of the effect of kinesiotaping on the respiratory function and depression in male patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a prospective, randomized, controlled, and single-blind study.Aging Male. 2020; 23 (Dec): 648-654https://doi.org/10.1080/13685538.2019.1567703
- Clinical Therapeutic Applications of the Kinesio Taping Method.2003: 252