- •Timely recognition of the spiked helmet sign and its role in preventing unnecessary coronary imaging.
- •Identification of lung recruitment ventilation with high pressures in critically ill patients as one of the potential causes of SHS.
- •To understand the pathophysiologic mechanisms associated with the spiked helmet sign.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Electrocardiographic ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in critically ill patients: an observational cohort analysis*.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 2304-2309https://doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0b013e3181fa02cd
- Spiked helmet sign: an under-recognized electrocardiogram finding in critically ill patients.Indian J Crit Care Med. 2014; 18: 238-240https://doi.org/10.4103/0972-5229.130576
- The "Spiked Helmet" Sign: a New Electrocardiographic Marker of Critical Illness and High Risk of Death.Mayo Clin Proc. 2011; 86: 1245-1246https://doi.org/10.4065/mcp.2011.0647
- Spiked Helmet" sign - A potential relationship to Takotsubo cardiomyopathy.Am J Emerg Med. 2018; 36: 345.e5-345.e7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2017.11.041
- Helmet Sign on ECG: a Rare Indicator of Poor Prognosis in Critically Ill Patients.Am J Med Case Rep. 2019; 7: 260-263https://doi.org/10.12691/ajmcr-7-10-9
- Spiked helmet pattern ST elevation in subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Electrocardiol. 2019; 52: 96-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2018.11.016
- Is the spiked helmet sign the manifestation of long QT syndrome?.J Electrocardiol. 2019; 55: 16-19https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2019.04.011
- Two forms of the spiked helmet sign are caused by two separate mechanisms.J Electrocardiol. 2019; (S0022073619305060)
- Electrocardiographic characteristics and associated outcomes in patients with Takotsubo Syndrome. Insights from the RETAKO Registry.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2021; 46100841https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpcardiol.2021.100841
- Traumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and QTc Prolongation.J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2022; (Accessed April 28)
- The electrocardiographic spiked helmet sign: is it real, artifact, or optical illusion?.J Electrocardiol. 2019; 55: 152-154https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2019.06.002
- Spiked helmet electrocardiographic sign in a patient with a diagnosis of thoracoabdominal aortic dissection.JACC Case Rep. 2020; 2: 2353https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaccas.2020.09.026
- Tombstone ST elevations: … not necessarily a harbinger of doom!.Am J Med. 2013; 126: e5-e6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2012.05.019
- Spiked helmet sign after percutaneous Left stellate ganglion ablation in a patient with long QT syndrome.J Electrocardiol. 2017; 50: 944-946https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelectrocard.2017.06.016