- •Patients with acute HF are frequently hospitalized when they present to the ED.
- •EHMRG estimates 7-day mortality for patients with acute HF specifically in the ED.
- •EHMRG stratifies patients into risk groups to augment clinical decisions.
- •Lower risk patients with acute HF may be considered for discharge or care in EDOUs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2021 Update | Circulation. Accessed March 7, 2021. https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000950
- ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure.Circulation. 2013; 128: e240-e327https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31829e8776
- Moving toward comprehensive acute heart failure risk assessment in the emergency department: the importance of self-care and shared decision making.JACC Heart Fail. 2013; 1: 273-280https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchf.2013.05.002
- The burden of acute heart failure on U.S. emergency departments.JACC Heart Fail. 2014; 2: 269-277https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchf.2014.01.006
Weiss A.J. Overview of emergency department visits in the United States, 2011.:13.
- ACC expert consensus decision pathway on risk assessment, management, and clinical trajectory of patients hospitalized with heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 1966-2011https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2019.08.001
- Prospective validation of the emergency heart failure mortality risk grade for acute heart failure.Circulation. 2019; 139: 1146-1156https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.035509
- The challenge of heart failure discharge from the emergency department.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2012; 9: 252-259https://doi.org/10.1007/s11897-012-0100-1
- Prediction of heart failure mortality in emergent care.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 767-775https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-156-11-201206050-00003
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
- The REDCap consortium: building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103208
Mayo Clinic. Using high sensitivity cardiac troponin T (hs-cTnT). Published online June 2018.
- Disposition of emergency department patients diagnosed with acute heart failure: an international emergency medicine perspective.Eur J Emerg Med Off J Eur Soc Emerg Med. 2017; 24: 2-12https://doi.org/10.1097/MEJ.0000000000000411
- Is hospital admission for heart failure really necessary?: The role of the emergency department and observation unit in preventing hospitalization and rehospitalization.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 121-126https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2012.08.1022
Find Healthcare Providers: Compare Care Near You | Medicare. Accessed March 18, 2021. https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/details/hospital/240010?city=Rochester&state=MN&zipcode=55902#ProviderDetailsQualityIndicatorsContainer
- Recommendations for institutions transitioning to high-sensitivity troponin testing: JACC scientific expert panel.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 1059-1077https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.12.046
- High-sensitivity troponins in cardiovascular disease.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2020; 22: 30https://doi.org/10.1007/s11886-020-01279-0