Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Letter to Editor. Effects of ventilator hyperinflation on pulmonary function and secretion clearance in adults receiving mechanical ventilation: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Heart Lung J Acute Crit Care. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2022.06.026
- Benefits and risks of manual hyperinflation in intubated and mechanically ventilated intensive care unit patients: a systematic review.Crit Care. 2012; 16: R145https://doi.org/10.1186/cc11457
- Effects of ventilator vs manual hyperinflation in adults receiving mechanical ventilation: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials.Physiotherapy. 2015; 101: 103-110https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physio.2014.07.006
- Ventilator versus manual hyperinflation in adults receiving mechanical ventilation: a systematic review.Physiother Res Int. 2022; 27: e1936https://doi.org/10.1002/pri.1936
- Ventilation patterns influence airway secretion movement.Respir Care. 2008; 53: 1287-1294
- Mucus transport in the airways by two-phase gas-liquid flow mechanism: continuous flow model.J Appl Physiol. 1986; 60: 908-917
- Mucus clearance by two-phase gas-liquid flow mechanism: asymmetric periodic flow model.J Appl Physiol. 1987; 62: 959-971
- Influence of reported study design characteristics on intervention effect estimates from randomized, controlled trials.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 429-438
- Why most published research findings are false.PLoS Med. 2005; 2: e124
Comment on the letter to editor: ‘’Guimarães FS; Volpe MS. Letter to Editor. Effects of ventilator hyperinflation on pulmonary function and secretion clearance in adults receiving mechanical ventilation: A systematic review with meta-analysis. Heart and Lung The Journal of Acute and Critical Care. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrtlng.2022.06.026′’