Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Symptom burden in heart failure: Assessment, impact on outcomes, and management.Heart Fail Rev. 2017; 22: 25-39
- Impact of symptom prevalence and symptom burden on quality of life in patients with heart failure.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2005; 4: 198-206
- Vulnerabilities of patients recovering from an exacerbation of chronic heart failure.Am Heart J. 2005; 150: 984.e7-984.e13
- Symptoms in heart failure correlate poorly with objective haemodynamic parameters.Int J Clin Pract. 2012; 66: 1224-1229
- Dissociation between hemodynamic changes and symptom improvement in patients with advanced congestive heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2002; 4: 297-304
- Symptom-hemodynamic mismatch and heart failure event risk.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2015; 30: 394-402
- Sympathetic nervous system activation in human heart failure: Clinical implications of an updated model.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 375-385
- Current concepts of neurohormonal activation in heart failure: Mediators and mechanisms.AACN Adv Crit Care. 2008; 19: 364-385
- The expanding GRK interactome: Implications in cardiovascular disease and potential for therapeutic development.Pharmacol Res. 2016; 110: 52-64
- Elevated myocardial and lymphocyte GRK2 expression and activity in human heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 1752-1758
- Background and design of the profiling biobehavioral responses to mechanical support in advanced heart failure study.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2014; 29: 405-415
- The Seattle Heart Failure Model: Prediction of survival in heart failure.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1424-1433
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: Development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Psychometric analysis of the Heart Failure Somatic Perception Scale as a measure of patient symptom perception.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2017; 32: 140-147
- Physical and psychological symptom biomechanics in moderate to advanced heart failure.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2015; 30: 346-350
- GRK2 as a therapeutic target for heart failure.Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2018; 22: 75-83
- Lymphocyte levels of GRK2 (βARK1) mirror changes in the LVAD-supported failing human heart: Lower GRK2 associated with improved β-adrenergic signaling after mechanical unloading.J Card Fail. 2006; 12: 360-368
- Dynamic changes in lymphocyte GRK2 levels in cardiac transplant patients: A biomarker for left ventricular function.Clin Transl Sci. 2010; 3: 14-18
- Gender-specific physical symptom biology in heart failure.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2015; 30: 517-521
- Depressive symptoms and the relationship of inflammation to physical signs and symptoms in heart failure patients.Am J Crit Care. 2014; 23: 404-413
- Effect of exercise training on autonomic derangement and neurohumoral activation in chronic heart failure.J Card Fail. 2007; 13: 294-303
- The influence of heart failure self-care on health outcomes: Hypothetical cardioprotective mechanisms.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2009; 24: 179-187
Conflict of interests: None Declared.
Funding: The work reported in this study was funded by the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Nursing Research (NIH/NINR) ( F31NR015936 ; Denfeld) and through support from the Achievement Rewards for College Scientists program. The parent studies were supported by grants from the NIH/NINR ( R01NR013492 ; Lee), the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health ( UL1TR000128 ), and the Oregon Health & Science University Hartford Center . Dr. Denfeld is currently supported as a Scholar of the Oregon Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health K12 Program funded by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development of the NIH under Award Number K12HD043488 . The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.