Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Prognostic value of hypercapnia in patients with chronic respiratory failure during long-term oxygen therapy.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1998; 158: 188-193
- Nocturnal noninvasive ventilation.Chest. 2008; 133: 1275-1286
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in the distribution of body mass index among US adults, 1999–2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 491-497
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome: a state-of-the-art review.Respir Care. 2010; 55: 1347-1365
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome: prevalence and predictors in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.Sleep Breath = Schlaf Atmung. 2007; 11: 117-124
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome: does the current definition need revisiting?.Thorax. 2014 Jan; 69: 83-84
- Noninvasive ventilation in mild obesity hypoventilation syndrome: a randomized controlled trial.Chest. 2012; 141: 692-702
- The effects of unanesthetized arterial puncture on PCO2 and pH.Am Revi Respir Dis. 1979; 120: 795-798
- Standardisation of the measurement of lung volumes.Eur Respir J. 2005; 26: 511-522
- Standardisation of spirometry.Eur Respir J. 2005; 26: 319-338
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: the GAD-7.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1092-1097
- Pain: a review of three commonly used pain rating scales.J Clin Nurs. 2005; 14: 798-804
- Essentials in the diagnosis of acid-base disorders and their high altitude application.J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005; 56: 155
- Breathing patterns. 1. Normal subjects.Chest. 1983; 84: 202-205
- Using venous blood gas analysis in the assessment of COPD exacerbations: a prospective cohort study.Thorax. 2016 Mar; 71: 210-215
- Cardiodynamic hyperpnea: hyperpnea secondary to cardiac output increase.J Appl Physiol. 1974; 36: 457-464
- Do changes in end-tidal Pco2 quantitatively reflect changes in cardiac output?.Anesth Analg. 1994; 79: 829-833
- Arterial blood gas monitoring: acid-base assessment.in: Tobin M. Principles and Practice of Intensive Care Monitoring. McGraw-Hill, 1998: 217-242 (First)
- An evaluation of the usefulness of end-tidal PCO2 to aid weaning from mechanical ventilation following cardiac surgery.Respir Care. 1991; 36: 837-843
- Simultaneous variations of PaCO2 and PACO2 in assisted ventilation.Br J Anaesth. 1983; 55: 525-530
Specific contributions of each author: Ashima Sahni: literature search, data collection, study design, analysis of data, manuscript preparation, review of manuscript. Hemil Gonzalez: Data collection, study design, analysis of data, manuscript preparation. Aiman Tulaimat: Literature search, study design, analysis of data, manuscript preparation, review of manuscript.
Results dissemination: Data was presented at American Thoracic Society Conference, Denver, Colorado, 2015.
Conflict of interest: none.