Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Nursing interventions used in practice (Report on the NIC Project).Am J Nurs. 1994; 94: 59-64
- Comparison of patient and practitioner assessments of pain from commonly performed emergency department procedures.Ann Emerg Med. 1999; 33: 652-658
- Intradermal normal saline, self-selected music, and insertion difficulty effects on IV insertion pain.Heart Lung. 1999; 28: 114-122
- I can start that IV with one attempt.NITA. 1984; 7: 377-378
- Success rates for peripheral IV insertion in a children’s hospital.J Intraven Nurs. 1998; 21: 160-165
Grady NP, Alexander M, Dellenger EP, et al. Guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections. MMWR 2002;51(RR10):1-26. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5110a1.htm. Retrieved April 5, 2005.
- Effect of intradermal normal saline, listening to music, and insertion difficulty on pain of IV insertion [dissertation].in: Texas Woman’s University: Dissertation Abstracts International, Denton TX1995: B4815 (56-09)
- Pain during insertion of peripheral intravenous catheters with and without intradermal lidocaine.Clin Nurse Spec. 1999; 13: 283-285
- Buffered lidocaine.Pediatrics. 1995; 95: 709-712
- The importance of nurse caring behaviors as perceived by patients receiving care at an emergency department.Heart Lung. 2002; 31: 67-75
- Emergency department patients’ perception of nurse caring behaviors.Heart Lung. 1993; 22: 356-364
- Important nurse caring behaviors perceived by patients with cancer.Oncol Nurs Forum. 1984; 11: 46-50
- Comparison of cancer patients’ and professional nurses’ perceptions of important nurse caring behaviors.Heart Lung. 1987; 16: 187-193
- Inpatient satisfaction survey.Press, Ganey Associates, Inc, South Bend, IN2001
- The job of IV insertion by expert nurses.Presented at the Midwest Nursing Research Society Conference, Cleveland, OH2001 (March)
- Efficacy of catheter needles with safeguard mechanisms.Anaesthesia. 2002; 57: 572-577
- Traditional versus new needle retractable IV catheter in children.Anesth Analg. 2003; 96: 387-391
- Predictors of nurses’ acceptance of an intravenous catheter safety device.Nurs Res. 2003; 52: 249-255
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/needlestick. Retrieved January 7, 2005.
- How to teach good venipuncture technique.Am J Nurs. 1993; 93: 38-41
- The epidemiology of peripheral vein infusion thrombophlebitis.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 146-151
- Peripheral I.V. starts.Nursing. 2003; 33: 17
- On the road to successful I.V. starts.Nursing. 2003; 33: 1-14
- Tips for improving your venipuncture techniques.Nursing. 1983; 8313: 40-41
- Prevalence of safer needle devices and factors associated with their adoption.Public Health Rep. 2002; 117: 340-349
- Evaluation of the acceptability of a needleless vascular-access system by nurses.Am J Infect Control. 1997; 25: 434-438
- Factors promoting consistent adherence to safe needle precautions among hospital workers.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 548-555
- Reduction in nosocomial intravenous device-related bacteremias after institution of an intravenous therapy team.J Intraven Nurs. 1996; 19: 103-106
- The role of the I.V. specialist in health care reform.J Intraven Nurs. 1995; 18: 130-144
- Risk factors for infusion-related phlebitis with small peripheral venous catheters.Ann Intern Med. 1991; 114: 845-854
- The impact of an I.V. team on the occurrence of intravenous-related phlebitis.J Intraven Nurs. 1992; 15: 100-109
- Impact of a dedicated intravenous therapy team on nosocomial bloodstream infection rates.Am J Infect Control. 1998; 2: 388-392
- Prevention of peripheral venous catheter complications with an intravenous therapy team.Arch Intern Med. 1998; 158: 473-477
Sigma Theta Tau International, Delta Xi Chapter funded this project.