Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care
- Force reserve of the diaphragm in patients with COPD.J Appl Physiol. 1983; 55: 8-15
- Clinical manifestations of inspiratory muscle fatigue.Am J Med. 1982; 73: 308-316
- Diaphragmatic pressure waveform can predict EMG signals of diaphragmatic fatigue.J Appl Physiol. 1987; 62: 1681-1689
- Workshop summary respiratory muscle fatigue.Am Rev Resp Dis. 1990; 142: 474-480
- Dobutamine increases diaphragmatic contractility in dogs.Can J Anaesth. 1992; 39: 375-380
- Contractility of fatigued diaphragm is improved by dobutamine.Can J Anaesth. 1993; 40: 453-458
- Isoproterenol and aminophylline improve contractility of fatigue canine diaphragm.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1984; 129: 118-124
- Effects and mechanism of action of terbutaline on diaphragmatic contractility and fatigue.J Appl Physiol. 1984; 56: 922-929
- Blood flows within and among rat muscles as a function of time during high speed treadmill exercise.J Physiol. 1983; 344: 189-208
- Exercise blood flow patterns within and among rat muscles after training.Am J Physiol. 1984; 246: H59-H68
- Correspondence of pulmonary and leg VO2 at submaximal work rates: implications for estimation of work efficiency.J Appl Physiol. 1992; 72: 805-810
- Effects of β1-and β2-adrenoceptor stimulation on hemodynamics in the anesthetized rat.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1990; 15: 720-728
- Response of nitric oxide in vasodilator response induced by salbutamol in rat diaphragmatic microcirculation.Am J Physiol. 1997; 272: H2173-H2179
- Different β-adrenergic receptor density in different rat skeletal muscle fibre types.Pharmacol Toxicol. 1995; 76: 380-385
- β-adrenergic receptor distribution among muscle fiber types and resistance arterioles of white, red, and intermediate skeletal muscle.Circ Res. 1989; 64: 1096-1105
*Financial support provided by NIH-NRSA 5 F31 NRO7341-02.
**Work performed at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
*Reprint requests: Nan Smith-Blair, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas, Eleanor Mann School of Nursing, 217 Ozark Hall, Fayetteville, AR 72701.
**0147-9563/2003/$30.00 + 0